Monday, October 29, 2012



BROWN

Old bricks - the bark of trees - tossed
coffee - old cigars -  hats, - dirt - leather
jackets - dog deposits - wooden doors,
leaves, lots of brown  leaves on the ground -
all around town - almost into November,
one of those colding months - the time
to get things done before the long of winter.
Thank God for Halloween, Thanksgiving,
Christmas lights - all those  bright colors
that might not be noticed if things
weren’t all so brown. Background brown:
unnoticed - underneath everything.
Brown:  down to earth brown - that keeps
me aware of where I have come from
and where I’m headed. Earth. Home! Hope.
Lord, there better be resurrection after this
or I’ll be screaming from every cemetery,
“Genesis me. Easter me. Spring me.
I need to soar here and hereafter.

© Andy Costello Reflections 2012

No comments: