Friday, February 10, 2023

 February 10,  2023



WHAT'S  HAPPENING?


Every day has its moments – its twists and turns.

We give them times and moments – days and years -

so we can be able to label them when different things

happen  – not just for history – but for talking about our

lives. What’s happening?   When? When? When?

 

When I was 11 years old – my dad took me to Portland …..

Last year  - I think it was last year – it was in the summer –

I ran into Archie. I hadn’t seen him since our Coney Island days….

She dropped me – just like that – I didn’t see it coming – and

the hurt is still there – rubbing me like sandpaper for a year now….

 

I’ve been happy thinking about the time I got to Estonia ….

Always like a chocolate shake and a Big Mac ….

Thanks to Raymond Macintosh I learned how to play chess ….

Miss not reading the Washington Post every morning ….

Try to say the Rosary prayer every day ….

© Reflections, Andy Costello


No comments: