Friday, July 8, 2022

 July 8, 2013

Reflection






REALITY

If you deny reality, reality will deny you!

I found myself thinking that during Mass today.

Realities: muscles, others, sin, grace, God.

The thought hit me after reading an article in the op-ed section of the New York Times.  The article was about the Taliban destroying a statue of the Buddha in  Afganistan.

Karen Armstrong said that a few Islamic leaders accepted other religions - and they talked about a guy who didn''t and in time it came back to destoying the Islamics in India. 

 I guess dictatorships  fall because they are denying the reality of other peoples minds and hearts.

I guess the person who neglects his spouse, children, health, etc. will end up experiencing brokenness.

Reality has a way of really happening to us if we deny it.  

Reality will eventually bite us in the ass.


No comments: