Tuesday, July 5, 2022

 July 5, 2022

Reflection



TWO TYPES OF PEOPLE


There are two types of people: those who like lists of types of people and those who don't.

Down through the years I've been collecting different statements of types of people. So I have a decent collection.

Here is a new one: there are two types of people - those who think their salvation is outside themselves and those who think their salvation is within.

Of course things are never apples or oranges. The juice from the trees of life is always a mixture.

Some people think there is a diet out there that is going to solve their weight problem.

So they go on this diet - or that diet - try this - try that - in hopes of taking off all that weight.

So we wonder about types of clothes, cars, others. If I get a new suit or car, will others see me as better than I am? If I make a new move, will I look smarter? Is there another person out there who will save me and clear up my life issues?

So should I buy planning books on how to pack lightly, or how to be slim and trim, so I'll be the perfect him or her to others?

Then there are those who know the solution is within.  They grab Jesus' words - like "The kingdom of heaven is within." or "Why do you see the speck in another's eye and you don't  see the plank in your eye?"

Or they realize they have the Pharisee's problem. It's causing havoc in me. I have a stink within. I'm decaying as a person.

Obviously, Jesus came from the outside, yet maybe Bethlehem is within - in the stinking stable of my soul.

Come Lord Jesus! Come Shepherd! Come King.

Help me keep typing - especially myself.

Ooops. Hello Lord Jesus. I'm finally home.

No comments: