Tuesday, February 16, 2021

 February   16,  2021



WILL  I  BE  ABLE?
 

 
I get that thought – that question – when another dies?
 
I wonder about people when they get cancer
and hear a death sentence.
 
This wondering has to be dealt with alone – but I’m sure it helps when there are others around the bed.
 
I think of this when I’ve see YouTube firing squad scenes.
 
If there is nothing after death,  then I’ll never know – 
but I have to ask if that answer is chosen because 
it’s so difficult to accept a next step?
 
I wonder about the other side. Will I wake up in a dark corridor?
 
Will there be those who have gone before me waiting for me?
 
Will I be able to accept death when it comes?

Do I really believe in Christ as the beyond beyond this?

 © Andy Costello, Reflections 2021

 


No comments: