Monday, January 4, 2021

January  4,  2021

 


MIXTURES
 
I like mixtures, combinations of
this and that: pennies, nickels
dimes and dollars – 4 seasons –
light and shadows on afternoon
floors as they climb half way up
a wall – then someone opens up
a door or a completely different
conversation is begun – memories
of last summer or Christmas when
we were kids and we both laugh
and cry about what life used to be
and we have hopes about what’s
next to come in this mixture called
life – as we try to make it make sense.

 

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2021


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fr. Costello--happy new year! I re-bookmarked your blog. We miss you in Annapolis. Such a challenging time, where we need reservations to go to church. I hope you are well and to tell you how much I love your blog. You probably remember the Krolicki name. Bob and I were married in Rome 2 years ago, and share our time between Oxford MD and Annapolis. He attends daily Mass as do I when I'm on the "shore." Take care. Debbie