Monday, September 21, 2020

September  20th 2020

 

WHEN  WE  DIE

 

When we die, I'm assuming there's
more to come.  How about your thoughts?
What's your forever?  Is it nothing
or do you see a forever more something?

If it’s a something: what’s your
assumption?  Is it an infinity –
a divinity – or the Trinity – an
eternity  based  on your hopes?

 
I’m dying with Jesus’ images about
the Eternal Welcome in Luke  15. I’m
assuming there will be a continuing
personal relationship with God.
 
I’m  assuming we  finally arrive
after a long walk on the shoulders
of the Laughing Shepherd  into the
big open pen called Heaven.
 
I’m assuming I’ll be like a lost coin
found in dark corner – under a bed
or a bureau that God the Woman will
shine me up and show me off to everyone.
 
I’m assuming I be like the lost son
welcomed home by God the Running
to Greet me Father who will welcome me 
and hug me and banquet me forever.

 

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2020



No comments: