Wednesday, August 19, 2020

August  19,  2020




TORNADO  WARNING


Till 10:30 AM there was a tornado warning.
We were told by phone to head for cover.
We were told to go below – to get out of
harm’s way, so most of those in the building    
headed for safety – headed for  the basement.

On the way down to a safe place, I stopped.
I was now on the first floor. I could look out
the windows. I could stop and watch the ocean.
The waves were like teenagers at a teen dance.  
The water – the scenery - was sort of dark brown.

It’s now 11:30 AM – I’m back  on the second floor.
Once more I’m looking out the window – at the
ocean. The water is still dark – but  the air is
different. It’s white. It’s bright. It’s light. It’s
definitely a different day now.  Different ….



 © Andy Costello, Reflections 2020


No comments: