Monday, May 11, 2020

May  11, 2020



Thought   for  Today

Meryl Streep said, “My son is a musician.  When he was 21 and we were in the middle  of Thanksgiving dinner – 16  people sitting  around the table – he said, ‘You know the greatest regret of my life?’   

"And I thought, ‘Oh God, it’s when I didn’t go to his school play or when I fell short in some way.’ 

"And he said, ‘That you never gave me music lessons.’ 

"And I said, ‘I gave  you piano lessons. You had piano lessons for two years!’  

"He had forgotten.

“Michelle said, ‘He just thought he was a musical genius.’”

Meryl Streep said, “He thought that he picked up a guitar at 15 and learned      everything himself -  which he did.   But he had forgotten about the music he learned – but at the time he just wanted to play baseball. I made him play the piano.”

  Meryl Streep

No comments: