Thursday, March 12, 2020

March  12,  2020



TASTE AND SEE


Today, taste and see the goodness 
of the Lord, this day,  Lent to you.

Today,  Lord, this day of Lent,
I’m not going to give anything up.

Today, Lord, I’m going to spot the
morning light and the morning shadows.

Today, I’m going to try to notice and say
“Hi!” to 10 people I’ve gone by most days.

Today, Lord,  I’m doing to taste the salt
on the potato chips and the pretzels.

Today, I’m going to taste the catsup
and the mustard and the cold water.

Today, Lord, I’m going to see the rain or
the sun or whatever kind of day it will be.

Today, I’m going to see the smiles of the
old ladies in the supermarket detergent aisle.

And tonight, Lord, I promise to look into the
night sky and thank you for a beautiful day.





© Andy Costello, Reflections 2020

No comments: