Saturday, January 25, 2020


January 25, 2020

TENSION  ON  THE  TABLE 


He placed his glass of scotch – with ice – 
on the table top - on rich antique wood - and 
she -  the woman of the house -  spotted this 
from the other side of the room – and it stopped 
the flow in the conversation she was having. 

A loud inner scream erupted from within, “No! No!” 
And she sped across the room – picked up his 
glass and said, “We have better scotch than this. 
Let me get it for you.” She did and she napkin 
wiped the table top with an inner, “Phew!” 

Her husband noticed the whole scene, thinking 
“I wish I was an antique table and I got some of 
her attention to some of these details. Hey we’re 
only married 24 years. She’s no antique but let me 
tell you how I feel at times. Good thing I don’t drink.” 

 
© Andy Costello, Reflections

No comments: