Sunday, October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019


GOING  TO  CONFESSION

I sometimes hear people po po
going to confession. When I hear
this complaint or comment,
I keep quiet. I listen to them.
I think about what they are saying.
They usually say in the mix of
their words that they can go
directly to God. Good. Great.
Go for it. But when they say,
"It’s crazy", it’s  then I might  say,
“I’ve been ordained a priest
and have been hearing people’s
confessions for 55 years now
and I’ve heard the, “PHEW!” sound
enough times to say, “I disagree
with your appraisal.” Then I might
add, “You’re like people who say
there is no God to people who
have tasted God."  "Oh you don't
believe in God, either." Oh.
A suggestion: think outside 
the box before going into it. 


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2019


No comments: