Wednesday, September 11, 2019


COUNTRY  MUSIC  
AND  POETRY

Make sure you schedule into your schedule Ken Burns’ next documentary. It’s on Country Music.

It begins on September 15, 2019.

It will be 8 sessions - taking 16 and ½ hours.

I don’t know about you, but I like songs that I can hear the words.

I’ve been on many high school retreats - during which they played high school kids music.  Not my world. Not my words.

I can’t sing - but I do love poetry - so songs that allow me to hear the words - hear a story - get a message - are my world.

So check out Ken Burns’ documentary on Country Music and hear him get into memories and stories - the stuff of life - like his documentaries on the Civil War, Baseball, Jazz, The National Parks, etc.

Country Music tells us so much - especially through music.  If you don’t believe me check out the documentary on this particular blog piece on the musical trio: Dolly, Linda and Emmylou.

It's poetry and sound in motion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If one wants to know what the angels sound like when they sing, they need only listen to Dolly, Linda, and Emmy Lou singing together! The best!