Sunday, May 19, 2019

May 25, 2019


2  A.M.

Deep in sleep
at 2 A.M.
I’m  traveling into
the deep spaces
of my unknown ….
I’m meeting
people and places
I don’t recognize -
don’t understand -
but that’s the
people and places
of  2 AM - whom
and where I’m
still wondering
and dreaming
and trying to
figure out about
on many a 2 A.M.
in the morning.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2019
The
giant
economy
size can           of earth
sprayed           morning
mist                        into
the                      whole
winter                  world
around                    me
and                          the
naked             branches
looked                     like
antlers                       in
the                           fog
and                    nature
kept              squeezing
and               squeezing
more                       and
more                     spray
into                          the
air                          and
named                     the
fragrance Morning Mist.



(c) From Andrew Costello
in Cries ... But Silent, 1981
These are a substitute for 
my reflections till I recover
from this double bypass
heart operation.

No comments: