Saturday, September 8, 2018

September 8,  2018

HIDDEN  CHAPELS

There are countless chapels -
not known as chapels or churches -
anonymous holy places - here and
there and everywhere - all over our world.

I have walked into them - by accident
or happenstance - only to be surprised
by God within. Most of the time I have
been alone - but not always - and
there is God waiting for me, “Hello!”

The older I get, the more I see these
countless chapels of radiance:
a baby’s hand, a marriage bed,
ice cream cones - in every hand of a
laughing family on a hot summer evening.

Then there was this old lady - saying
her rosary in a wheelchair just inside
the front door in a nursing home - and
there I am a month later kneeling at her
body in her casket in a funeral home
saying one “Hail Mary” on that same rosary.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2018






No comments: