Wednesday, June 20, 2018

June 20, 2018


Thought for today:  

Bishop  Boyd  Carpenter in his book, Some Pages of My Life (p. 117) writes: “When we were leaving Liverpool, after my father’s death, I went with my mother, as she wished to bid `Good-bye’ to Dr. Mc Neile. As we were leaving, my mother mentioned that I was to be ordained before long. `Oh!,’ he said, `I wish I had know that.’ Then, coming near to me, he laid his hand upon my shoulder, and he said, `At first you will think you can do everything, then you will be tempted to think you can do nothing; but don’t let yourself be cast down: you will learn that you can do what God has for you to do.’” 




(HastingsGreat Texts from the Bible
New York: Scribner’s, 1923,  p. 199)

Picture on top: Class of 1965 on our
ordination day - June 20, 1965 - with
Cardinal Spellman who ordained us.

No comments: