Monday, May 21, 2018

May 23, 2018

Reflections

UNSPOKEN CONVERSATIONS -
LETTERS NEVER SENT


There have been too many conversations
I had  with so and so … but they were never
spoken to or at them - only inside my mind.

There have been letters that I wrote but never
sent to them. They were crumbled, ripped up
and tossed into the waste paper basket.

And I was taught - and always thought - unspoken words, crumbled, or deleted words -never spoken or sent, would ever hurt anyone.

Little did I know, wastepaper words, unspoken
feelings can’t remain silent. They become my
face – my scowl - my  itch – my twitch.

They become a virus in my random access memory.
Does unconscious speak to unconscious – and the
other knows – without knowing - the unspoken, the unsaid?


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2018  

No comments: