Sunday, November 5, 2017

I  SEE YOU!

Father William Guri, here at St. Mary's told me about an African practice of saying to someone who is in a room  - or just walks into a room -  and you can't talk to them just yet.  So one says, "I see you!"

After he told me this, I found myself saying, "I see you!" when I was unable to talk to someone in the moment.

Neat!

As priest - after Mass - or what or when have you - people come at us - and I find I can't catch them all - at once.  Well this practice of saying, "I see you" solves the dilemma for me - or at least tries to take care of it.

Surprise I spotted and heard U.S. Senator Kamala Harris say just that on YouTube.


I place it here on my blog.  Give it a hearing.  Say to me or Kamala or William, "I see you."


Then add, "I hear you."











No comments: