Monday, October 23, 2017

October 24, 2017

REMINDERS

Reminders remain on the sidewalk
of my life like autumn leaves fallen down
from trees that once were so, so green.
Reminders - like match books in a clear
glass  jar on a table by the door with the
names of so many restaurants we went to,
so many conversations we had and some
we never finished …. . Remind me:
we need to talk. Reminders: death prayer
cards from too many funerals; bubble gum
baseball cards from when we were kids….
A song in the background while walking
into a store.... An old black and movie
on Turner Classics .... A faded T-shirt used
to wrap an 8 ½ by 11 inch wedding picture
of my parents - under glass that was on 
a side table in our living room all through 
our growing up years - but now is in a box
under my bed - looked at once and a while …. Reminders....Routinely reminding me…. 
about what happened. Tell me more....



© Andy Costello, Reflections  2017


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post. And a beautiful picture. Your father looks debonnaire, and your mom is a picture of beauty and grace.