Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July 5, 2017


AMAZED  AT

Mary Oliver, the poet, talked about being
amazed at last 10 things per day.... How about:

The texture of homemade bread ….
Cold butter on rye bread ….
The shake of Jell-O ….
The black shine of split coal ….
The red of strawberries ….
The ruggedness and dirt of potatoes ….
A conductor leading a symphony orchestra ….
Lemon sherbet at supper ….
Watching big waves at the ocean ….
A sailboat on a breezy evening ….
A kid going down a hill on a skateboard ….
A monkey staring at me at the zoo ….
A baby breaking into a smile - me a stranger ….
Fresh peach pie ….
Watching the movie, My Cousin Vinny ....
Watching the movie, My Cousin Vinny with my two sisters, Mary and Peggy ....
Chocolate chip cookies soaked in milk….
A magic trick I can’t figure out ….
Playing cards with at least 3 other people ….
Seeing inner city girls playing jump rope ….
Calligraphy by sandpiper’s feet on a morning beach ….
A tiny 3 year old kid reaching for Holy Communion ….
Ravioli - with cheese inside ….
My mom’s Irish soda bread ….



© Andy Costello, Reflections  2017

No comments: