Monday, July 3, 2017

July 3, 2017


MAYFLIES

I read somewhere that mayflies
live or last for only 24 hours.
Woo! Not fair. House flies get
about 4 weeks - unless we zap
them with a fly swatter for being
such pests - with their constant
flyovers. Question:  What would I do
if I only got 24 hours. I’m a diabetic -
Type 2.  I would certainly sit and
sip the best milkshake in the area:
chocolate. I would flyover as many
places I want to visit. I would bug
those I love with many an “I love you.”
And I would find some church or
beautiful garden where I could sit
and ponder the two big questions:
Why am I here and is there anything
after this? And oops - the third question:
How much time do I have left?

And P.S. Besides letting you know they
are here, I also read, “In their short
24 hour life span,  they form groups
and dance on all available surfaces.”


© Andy Costello, Reflections  2017

No comments: