Sunday, June 4, 2017

June 4, 2017

PENTECOST

Come Holy Spirit!

Breathe new life
into me - Holy Gust
of fresh air - come
into me - again and again.

Grab me by my shoulders
and  shake me till my
foundations shake and ache.

I need a better
Spirit of forgiveness….
Sometimes I find that
difficult to pull out
of me when another
has hurt me too hard.

I also need many more
characteristics - qualities
that don’t seem to be
working inside me.

For example, I need
courage, creativitity,
insight, integrity,
faith, hope and charity.

Do I just pray for these
gifts - and then watch
and wait till they arrive
or do I focus on one -
for example, faith,
and then work till I’m
putting it into practice?

Is that how prayer and
the gifts of the Holy Spirit work?

Come Holy Spirit.



© Andy Costello, Reflections  2017




No comments: