Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017
CAP TITLES

Make Luke 9: 46-48 Great Again

Make Us Humble Again, O Lord.

Make the World Better, O Lord.

Make Us Make Our World Better, O Lord.

Make America Last by Being the Servant of All, Lord. Mark 20:41-45

Make Us Care About the Earth and Each Other, O Lord.

Make Us Peace Makers, O Lord.

Make Us Good Stewards of Creation, O Lord.

Make Us United, O Lord.

Make Us Listen to Each Other, O Lord.

Make Us Make Our Planet Better, O Lord.



© Andy Costello, Reflections  2017




My Thoughts:

For the sake of transparency I am a Democrat - yet for the sake of  trying to  keep my blog objective - I have avoided political comments - 99 % of the time. For the sake of clarifying my thoughts in my blog piece above, I add that I am also a Catholic. I find much of current political rhetoric contrary to the Catholic Social Justice teachings that I was brought up with.  Hence this blog piece. Our Pope Francis certainly expresses his theology about many current comments being made - and they are certainly what the Catholic Popes and Bishops, teachers and theologians, have proclaimed down through the past few centuries. Enough for now ....

Next Comment:

I received two comments to my comment above.  I rarely get any comments.

The first was an "Amen" and the second was from Anonymous. This second comment states what Democrats hold. My reaction was to not put in the second comment, but for the sake of further thinking, I added it. I disagree with whoever Anonymous is - because she or he can't tell what all democrats hold or believe - anymore than I can.  I just know what I as a democrat hold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. And again I say Amen.

Anonymous said...

Being a Democrat today means supporting the killing of pre-born babies up to the 9th month, supporting "marriage" for two men or two women, forcing the HHS Mandate on the Little Sisters of the Poor, etc., and of this, you are proud? Please give me the Democrat Party of my parents, but as of now, I'm proudly Independent.