Thursday, April 27, 2017



ONE  LIFE   TO  LIVE,
ONE  LIFE  TO  GIVE 


I love the question
that Mary Oliver asks
in her poem, The Summer Day,
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?"

I suspect every person
and every poet asks
that question.

I suspect that's why 
commencement address speakers 
either uses Mary Oliver's question
or ask it in their own words.

Our family poem is 
The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. 

We all have many roads ahead of us - 
and many times we come to a fork
in the road: 
"And I - I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

So  whether its doctor, lawyer,
maintenance or mechanic,
priest or prophet, nun or nurse,
mom, dad, advocate or actor,
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?"


Listen to what a man with the name
of Adolfo Kaminsky did with his life.







© Andy Costello  - Thoughts for Today


The Forger - Video - NYTimes.com

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/.../the-forger.html
Oct 2, 2016
As a teenager, Adolfo Kaminsky saved thousands of lives byforging passports to help children flee the Nazis ...

No comments: