Thursday, March 30, 2017



QUESTION  AND  ANSWER PRAYER

Question and Answer Prayer….

We spend much of our quiet time,
inner time, church time - boring TV time,
school time, work time, when we’re not listening to others’ time, with our questions.

What’s next? Who’s next? How come? When?

What am I doing here?

Why did I think that, feel that, choose that, say that, do that?

Why did he/she do that, choose that, say that?

Why? Why? Why?

Today, today, today, what’s going to happen today?

Research, news gathering, school, scholarship, is jam packed with questions.

And there are answers: love, values, the common good, and sometimes, "... because that’s the way we do things around here."

And the great answer often is: I don’t know.

Which leads to bigger, different, new questions.

Which leads us to re-hear old questions:

Why DID God make me? 

Why did my parents have me?

Why am I different from so and so?

What’s  my life’s work? What am I going to do about that today?

Questions and answers - which lead to not only a good prayer before eating, but why not make it a good morning prayer: “Bless us, O Lord, and these your gifts, which we are about to receive from your bounty, through Christ our Lord, Amen."


© Andy Costello, Blog Prayer # 1
Painting on top: Plein Aire in Maine
by Helen Turner (1858-1958) 

1 comment:

Mary Joan said...

Thank you for the prayer ! Never thought to think of that as a morning prayer !

I hope one day you can get a book of your short thoughts , poems , etc. , published .

I'd buy it !