Friday, August 26, 2016

August 26, 2016


HARBOR   PULLS

Watching the water waves
against my hull - as I cross
across the harbor waters
to the other side of today....
I feel so many pulls 
from so many waves 
washing against me:
to hear a morning, “Hi!”;
to hear a “Hi!” back from you;
to recognize and be recognized;
to love and be loved in return;
to do something worthwhile today;
to taste what I’m eating;
to ask and then to pass the pepper;
to mean what I’m saying;
to have eye contact with some people;
to check the papers and the news;
to say a prayer;
to get home after the day;
to sit back and relax in the evening;
to say, “Good night! I love you.”



© Andy Costello, Reflections 2016

Painting on top:
Blue Water, Smoke and Ferry
by Gretchen Hancock,
one of her Vashon Fauntleroy Ferry
paintings

No comments: