Friday, June 3, 2016

May 31, 2016

I  DON’T  KNOW! 
MAYBE…. 

The Talmud, as they say,
says, “Teach thy tongue
to say, ‘I do not know!’”

I do not know why this baby
died at 3 months. Maybe ….

I do not know why God
made tree leaves green
and granite grey. Maybe….

I do not know why water
begins to freeze or melt
at 32 degrees and begins 
to boil at 212 degrees Fahrenheit -
but not always. Maybe….

I do not know why cows moo, dogs
bark and cats meow and the whole
woods is a symphony orchestra
some summer nights. Maybe….

I do not know why God bumped
me into you today and why friends
move away tomorrow.  Maybe….

I don’t know why the ocean seems
to stop here and not go any further,
but sometimes it doesn’t.  Maybe….

I don't know why you said that. 
I don't know why I wrote this.
I don't know why you're reading this.
Maybe....




© Andy Costello, Reflections 2016

No comments: