Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 7, 2016

WHAT STATE DO I LIVE IN?
[Self Test # 20]

From time to time, we fill out questionnaires.
Name___________, Address___________,
City_____________, State ____________,
Phone Number__________, Age________

Sitting there in a doctor’s waiting room I began
wondering about moods, states of mind, trying
to be steady in my mind in how I am - not just
who I am - realizing sometimes I am nervous.
Sometimes I am kind. Sometimes I’m playful.
And sometimes I am weird.  Angry? Frustrated?

Sometimes I need to be with others to figure
out what state I’m living in? Do I really know?

Delaware? Arizona? Minnesota? Ohio? Iowa?

Those states would be easy to check off.

Is there a mood map? Is there a state of mind map? Is there a list somewhere of possibles?

Circle one: angry, anxious, accusatory, nervous, giving, frustrated, forgiving, understanding, content, joyful, antsy, bored, quiet, lonely, judgmental, itchy, avoiding, tired, lazy, proud - to name a few.

Or would it be better to come up with scales - like 1 to 10, 10 being really bored or angry or content?

Would it help to do some kind of mood or general state of being test for everyone in the house?

What would have the most impact, my answer to what state I’m in or what state I’m in most of the time and what others who know me - would have the courage to list?

When I walk into the room, what do people feel, say in their mind, “Oh yes!” or “Oh no, not again!”?

If I’m a PITA, would anyone have the courage to tell me?

I don’t know about you, but I found out that the results of self-tests can have quite a lasting impact on people.



© Andy Costello, Reflections 2016

No comments: