Saturday, October 10, 2015

October 10, 2015



RENEWABLE  ENERGY


Paralyzed?  Energized?

It happens every day.

Sometimes it's an accident,
but 99 out of 100 times 
it's people -
people paralyze me -
people energize me.

Deep below the ground
of my being are these hidden
sources of energy - some
positive - some negative - memories
- half-remembered moments -
the good, the bad and the ugly -
triggers ... instigators ... connectors.


The bad and the ugly
are often comments or put downs
that poke and probe my psyche.
Sometimes they push me
over the edge and I crash
and I end up paralyzed.

Hopefully, luckily, blessed is
the ear of a friend or a word
from their heart that tells me 
they hear my words and worries
and I’m re-energized.

Paralyzed! Ugh. No!

Energized! Yes. Thank you!



© Andy Costello, Reflections 2015

No comments: