Sunday, May 24, 2015

May  24, 2015


PENTECOST

I guess I don’t/won’t get it, till I’m all shook up. [1]

I guess I don’t/won’t get it, till I’m burned - till
I have a fire lit under me - or over me. [2]

I guess don’t/won’t get it till I try to be in peace
and to be in holy communion with every person -
no matter what the language - or the culture. [3]

I guess I don’t/won’t get God till I sense his presence not just in storm - when I scream in terror, “Oh my God!” but in God’s still soft whispering voice. [4]

I guess I don’t/won’t get it, till I keep praying,
“Come Holy Spirit! and God’s Holy Spirit
Comes and dwells within me and I in God. Amen.[5]
 


Notes

[1] Acts of the Apostles 2: 1-2

[2] Acts of the Apostles 2:3

[3] Acts of the Apostles 2:8; Galatians 5:22

[4] 1 Kings 19:12]

[5] Romans 8:11; Ephesians 2:22





© Andy Costello, Reflections, 2015

No comments: