Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17, 2015



ASCENSION

Are there steps out of me? I don't know.
Was there an open window? I don't know. 
Jesus did you simply slip out of me -
going through the walls of my upper room 
ascending into the darkest night?  
Jesus, it seems you've disappeared. 
That image hits me the hardest. 
Did I bore you? Did I disappoint you? Jesus you were there in me in the darkest corner of my inner darkness? I remember our dark nights - when we met each other in that divine darkness  - and I discovered that you Jesus were the Light of the world. Jesus, if you've 
ascended into heaven - allow me to ascend to you right now in this dark night or prepare me to be ready for you to introduce me to your Holy Spirit. Amen! Come Holy Spirit. Come!


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2015

No comments: