Sunday, May 10, 2015

May 10, 2015



MOM

I didn’t know whom they were talking about
when I heard someone call you “Maura” or
was it “Maura Donn." In Gaelic that’s
“Mary the Brown Haired One” in contrast
with your best friend “Maura Rua” - whom we
knew as “Mary Red”? - the one with the
red hair. I did hear some calling you “Maina”
now and then. Come to think about all this,
I didn’t know what daddy called you. I think 
it was “Mary” and she called you “Mike.” 
To us, growing up, you were always “Mom”…. Wonderfully pronounced, “Mom.” You were always there “Mom.” Thanks, I’ve seen  them, yet, sorry mom, I was never tempted to get 
a “Mom” tattoo of you - the ones with the heart
and the arrow right through the middle of the heart. But what happened to that cup I saved up 10 cents to buy - the one with the mom on it - the one you used for tea all through the years?



© Andy Costello  Reflections 2015

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Τhe stay show airs weekly аt tһe sіmilar time.