Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 2, 2015

THE FACE OF CHRIST

I’ve seen his face in ten thousand faces - in malls
and in tenement halls – in art museums – in paintings
on walls – and outside art museums - in the hungry
and those without -  especially in those without –
without food or clothing or a place to stay. I’ve see
his face in ten thousand face to face sightings of
each other as everyone walks their way of the cross.

I’ve seen his face on ten thousand crosses – ten
thousands pieces of bread – ten thousand sips of wine -
in his body and in his blood, in Eucharist and in detests
of one another – as we walk the way of the cross with
or without each other. I’ve seen his face in ten thousand
mirrors – in ten thousand sightings of you in me and me
in you, here, there and everywhere around the world.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2015

No comments: