Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 28, 2015


UNTRANSLATABLE


My life, my house, my parents, my brother and sisters, discovering Santa Claus was like the stork, playing baseball for the Bay Ridge Robins and I sat on the bench - except for one inning  the whole season, going to my first baseball game  to see the Dodgers playing at Ebbets Field and  seeing Jackie Robinson in the summer of 1947, Coney Island - the summer of 1948, what my first year in high school was like,  how I felt when people made fun of a cake I made and nobody would eat it, Bliss Park [a park we went to in Brooklyn as kids], being a priest, failing my first drivers test, passing my second drivers test, getting a book published, diving off the high board for the first time in Sunset Park Brooklyn, seeing the movie Doctor Zhivago, a day I had 2 years ago, missing the taste of Butter Almond ice cream - now that I'm a diabetic, not being able to understand what you're feeling right now as well.

                                                   © Andy Costello, Reflections 2015

No comments: