Thursday, January 22, 2015

JANUARY 20, 2015 


CAUGHT SIGHT OF YOU

Spotted you – yes, I’m sure
it was you - spotted you
walking on the sidewalk,
you – yes you - walking slowly –
walking with your head down.

I was driving up the street –
doing some meandering thinking 
on something else in my mind –
that is, till I saw you, that is,
till I started wondering and
worrying about you – yes you.

Is everything okay – or is
something wrong again?

Remember that last time
that earthquake hit you –
crumbling and crushing
a part of your heart.
I didn’t judge! I didn’t say
anything. I just helped with
the clean-up. So if I can help
again, just call, I’m home now.
Just ask me, yes me. Please.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2015

2 comments:

Mary Joan said...

Haven't we all been walking down the street with our heads down at one time or another ?

Thank you God for noticing and holding us up .

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.