Tuesday, August 19, 2014

WHERE'S HITLER?


WHERE WERE YOU
IN YOUR CLASS PICTURE?

I’ve often read that if we’re in a photograph, the first person we look for in a group photo is oneself?

Is that true? Is that true for you?

Where were you in your class picture?

On top is a class photo of some 4th graders – in an all-boys school.

I spotted this picture in a very thought provoking book: Photoanalysis.

The author is Dr. Robert U. Akeret.

It’s sub-title is, “How to interpret the hidden psychological meaning of personal photos.”

On page 143 you’ll find the photo on top. The author says, “Find the Fuhrer in this photograph.”

Then he says, “One of the children in this school picture is Alois Schicklgruber, or Adolf Hitler, as he later became.”

I looked at the picture and I didn’t guess which one was little Alois.

Before checking below for the answer, check the picture – study the picture – and see if you’re sharper than me. Where’s Alois or Adolf?

In my 8th grade graduation class – all the boys were on one side and all the girls on the other side – and I was in the back – near the corner -  far left - looking out. I remember a bunch of us were trying to shake the whole stands – to see if we could get a good laugh – that is, till our 8th grade teacher yelled at us.

In our graduation from the Minor Seminary, I was in the 3rd row – out of 4 rows – on the far left looking at the camera.

In our religious profession picture – after taking our vows  - I was in the 3rd row out of 4 rows – left  center looking out.

Where are you in your class photos?  Do you still have them? If you don’t,  could you get a copy somewhere, somehow.

And some of you might say, “Why in the world would I want to do that?”

Okay, I stalled long enough – here’s the answer to the “Where’s Alois?” question.


There he is – with arms folded – top row - exact center – and the author adds, “not only central, but also slightly higher than anyone else in the photo.”

Did you guess it?

No comments: