Friday, March 22, 2013


CIRCLE  OF  LIFE 


CIRCLE OF LIFE

It’s a circle. It’s a spiral,
It’s a series of scenes:
the new and the old.
It’s life. It’s déjà vu.
I’ve been here before,
but some of this is new
and some of this is old -
and so - I’ve been told to STOP -
to SEE - to SMELL  the flowers;
To LISTEN - to HEAR the music
of the trees, the waters and
the streets. Everything and
everyone is giving me glimpses
of how it all goes, how it all flows.
Winter - death - cold brown leaves
and naked trees - crosses against
the western sky. Spring - resurrection -
budding leaves - on crosses, the trees
bringing new life - seen early morning
against an eastern sky. Lord, I guess
when I don’t see some of this I’m dead. 
So Lord, cry and then scream - 
scream outside my tomb:
“Wake up! Come back to life!"

Andy Costello © Reflections 2013


No comments: