Friday, December 21, 2012


ADVENT  PRAYER 

          Watching and waiting 
                   for you, Lord Jesus,
          watching and waiting
                   for you in prayer.

          Jesus, you are the beginning
                   and the end of my everything. 
          You touch my life from A to Z.
          You are the Alpha and the Omega.
          You are the center around which
                   my life keeps spinning
                   from birth till death:
                   my Bethlehem to my Calvary.

          Watching and waiting
                   for you, Lord Jesus,
          watching and waiting
                   for you in prayer.
          Jesus, you stand there
                   on the shore of my life,
          calling me to drop everything,
                   and follow you.
          You are still the Story Teller,
                   telling me about the Kingdom.
          You are still the Healer,
                   ready to heal me
                   of bad memories and of my mistakes.
          You are still the Lover,
                   standing on the lake shore of my death,
                   ready to feed me,
                   ready to love me,
                   ready to bring me into eternity.


© Andy Costello, Prayers for Markings, December 1991

No comments: