Thursday, November 19, 2009

CONVERSATION # 3


Connecting – getting it – then thinking about what I got – and I think you’re doing the same by the look of your face – then you say something and I drift into something your story triggered – and I find myself wanting to listen to both you and myself – but I can’t let go of my distraction – as well as what I think you’re thinking about – then I say something to give us some breathing space – then the thought, “Maybe I should have tried silence.” Then I say something else – and I think you’re listening to my spin off – and then I’ll start listening to you again – but maybe what I said will trigger something very different in you and now we have 6 or 8 inner conversations going on – and one outer conversation - wow it is difficult to hold a conversation – or maybe that’s how conversations go…. I don’t know – but I guess I have to ditto that – because I’ve been talking with people now for over 70 years – and some of those conversations are still going on – and they have long gone.





© Andy Costello, Reflections, 2009

No comments: