Thursday, November 19, 2009

CONVERSATION # 2


“I don’t get it.”

“Now that’s a great way to start a conversation.”

“I still don’t get it.”

“Now’s that even better.”

“But I still don’t get it?”

“What don’t you get?”

“I don’t get what I’m supposed to get.”

“Well, to be honest, I don’t know what I’m supposed to give.”

“What? Do you mean to say you don’t know what you’re saying?”

“Exactly!”

“Then I get it.”

“You got it.”

“I got it? What do you mean I got it?”

“You just said, ‘Then I get it.’”

“Well, I don’t get what I got if I got it.”

“You got it. Now there’s two of us.”

“What do you mean, ‘Now there’s two of us’?”

“Well I don’t get it and you don’t get it. That’s two of us.”

“Oh I get it.”

“What did you get?”

“I get that this is a crazy and confusing conversation.”

“Most of them are?”

“Okay, now I really get it.”

“Good. Better leave it at that before both of us think we’re crazy.”

“Thanks….”

“You’re welcome. Now when are going to have our next conversation?”


© Andy Costello, Reflections, 2009

No comments: