Sunday, January 15, 2023

January 15, 2023

 




SCRATCH,  SCRATCH

 

Trying to find understanding in a hurt,

in something that happened to me – in

something that stopped my going down

the highway 73 miles per hour in a 65

mile per hour zone – a pot hole,

a broken chunk of tire in the middle of

the lane I’m in. “Uh oh! Oh no! Whoa!”

Switching lanes in my brain – now where

was I back there, back then, back when

I moved forward to where I was before

I slowed down?  Scratch, scratch ….

What was under what just happened?

When in the horror of it all, in the

crowning with thorns, with the falls

on the way to the cross, in the pounding

of the nails into hands and feet,

when did Jesus figure out why he said,

“Father forgive them, they don’t know

what they are doing?” Scratch. Scratch.

 

© Reflections, Andy Costello

No comments: