Monday, January 9, 2023

 January 9,  2023




SIMPLICITY

 

To be simple,

to not get caught up in the chase for stuff,

to not spend too much time and energy

figuring out other’s motives,

to let go of wanting everything to go my way,

to say what I mean and mean what I say,

to have balance in my life, in my prayer,

my work, my time, my fun, my friends.

To be simple is to be calm and to avoid agitation.

To be simple,

is to avoid trying to juggle too much.

To be simple,

is to allow and to acknowledge others

to be far more gifted than I am,

to know there is lot more,

but so what?

To be simple is to relax,

knowing I came into this world with my own skin,       to know I’ll be going out the same way                       a bit more wrinkled with some scars and warts,

simply saying to God,  “Thanks!”

 

Reflections © Andy Costello


No comments: