Monday, February 14, 2022

 February 14, 2022

 
IN  A  MOMENT


How many times do we say in a lifetime: "I'll be there in a moment."  Or, "I'll be with you in just a moment."

How true?  So true. Oh God – we do say that at times.
 
“In a moment ….”
 
Everything happens in a moment … in moments … in the moments of our life.
 
Moments walking, moments in an elevator, moments in traffic, moments waiting for someone who said, “I’ll be there in a moment.”
 
Moments … our life is slipping away …. It’s disintegrating by moments – time that will never be here again.
 
The clock is ticking.
 
Our life is limited.
Our life moves forward towards its end moment by moment.
 
It’s like the waves washing away a sandcastle on the shore.  Each new wave washes away more till there is no more – no more – no more….
 
What is now – was once – a not yet - and then it was – and next – it will become a never more. Amen.
 
I don’t want to say that “Amen.”
 
Yet that’s the truth – and that truth sets us free,
 
At times I want the illusion that I can stop time – stop the world – stop the moment – and then just be with still photos – non-moving movies.
 
Yet I know all is moving moment by moment.
 
I can’t stop time.
 
I guess I just have to learn how to be in the moment – and calmly go with it.
 
 

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2022

No comments: