Wednesday, June 23, 2021

 June 23,  2021


PLACES


There are lots of places – lots of them – 
but I have a few places I love a lot more
than lots of other places  – and I noticed 
them a lot more than other places.
How about you?  What are your places?
 
Like the back room in our basement 
in Brooklyn on 62nd Street – 326 – 
when we were kids  - but my brother 
Billy liked it too and got it more
because he was bigger and older than me.
 
Like Bliss Park in Brooklyn
when growing up – terrific
in summer to just roll down
the big hill and in winter
of my sled – a Flexible Flyer.
 
Like a big reservoir– a mile around -
at  least - filled with quiet water 
just outside the city of Lima, Ohio. 
It was great for walking around alone
or with Denis - but he was a runner
 
Then there all the places I lived that
were on the water – Spa Creek, Annapolis, 
Maryland, the Hudson in Esopus, New York,
Lac La Belle in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin,
and now on the Atlantic in Long Branch, N.J.
 
A rocking chair, a Lazy Boy Lounge,
a window seat on a bus or a plane,
a breakfast or supper seat with a
whole gang of people on a cruise,
or a seat behind a pole in any church.
 

 

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2021


No comments: