Saturday, June 19, 2021

 June 19,  2021



IMPORTANCE?

IT ALL DEPENDS


It all depends.
 
This cheap Timex watch
was my grandfather’s.
He gave it to me after
he went to see me play
in a high school football game.
We won on the closing play
of the game. Thanks Pops.
 
It all depends.
 
This wallet looks worn out.
That doesn’t make a difference.
My sister gave it to me
when I graduated from college.
She and my other older sister
both wanted to finish college
but didn’t. They loved that I did.
 
It all depends.
 
This painting was done by my aunt.
It was the last one she did.
She gave it to me just before she died.
You should see her other paintings.
She used to sell them.
I used to deliver them.
I got the last one. How about that!
 
It all depends.
 

 

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2021

Painting: unknown artist


No comments: