Tuesday, March 9, 2021

March  9,  2021



Thought for the Day


“I got a rejection letter from an editor at HarperCollins, who included a report from his professional reader. This report shredded my first-born novel, laughed at my phrasing, twirled my lacy pretensions around and gobbed into the seething mosh pit of my stolen clichés. As I read the report, the world became very quiet and stopped rotating. What poisoned me was the fact that the report’s criticisms were all absolutely true. The sound of my landlady digging in the garden got the world moving again. I slipped the letter into the trash…knowing I’d remember every word.” 

 

David Mitchell

2 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Fr Andrew, Larry and Carole here in Ireland celebrating our 15th wedding anniversay. You married thousands but you must remeber us! At the ceremony in 2006 you made us all laugh when you said “an Irish journalist meets a big Schott! We are doing great. Our girls are 13 and 14. No trips to the US recently but we hope to go next year. Are you still at St Marys? Larry and I think of you often and remember how understanding you were when we married. Thanks for believing in us. Would love to hear from you. Colemanca@outlook.com

Carole said...

Hi Fr Andrew, Carole and Larry here in Ireland celebrating out 15th wedding anniversary! Hope you are well. The girls are 13 and 14 and doing well with homeschooling at the moment. We think of you often. At our wedding in 2006 you made us laugh when you said “an Irish journalist meets a big Schott!” Thanks for believing in us back then. It all worked out beautifully. Glad to see you are still posting. Colemanca@outlook.com