Saturday, July 4, 2020

July  4,  2020



  
“HURRY”


"Hurry." I'm filled with too much hurry.

“Hurry …. Hurry .…”  is my inner sound.
Sometimes I add an “up” – as in “Hurry up!”

“Hurry …. Hurry….”  I keep watching my watch –
which doesn’t seem to go faster…. “Faster!”

I hear an ambulance getting closer. Good!
“Hurry!”  as I inwardly scream.  It gets past
me as I assume it’s heading for whatever
is causing this traffic jam – on this road
that is blocked. I sit back in my stopped
car – close my eyes. I had put my car
in park.  Traffic will start flowing again.
It always does. I’ve been in dozens of
traffic stoppings – dozens of conversation
jams – supermarket check-out wrong
choices. I breathe. I meditate. I let go of
this need - this scream to “Hurry – hurry up!”  

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2020

No comments: