Sunday, November 24, 2019

November 29,  2019



DIDN’T  READ  THE  SCRIPT

I didn't know there was a program ....
I didn't know there were steps ....
I didn’t read the script …
In fact I didn’t even know
it was in my top drawer ….
I just thought all was paradise …
I had my genesis - family, parents,
grandparents - spouse - children -
fruit trees - delicious - days with
red, red juicy apples. I didn’t know
there was forbidden fruit.
I didn’t read that part of the story.
I woke up from time to time
on the other side of paradise.
It was then that I refused grace.
I was hearing the banging
of garbage cans on hard sidewalks,
when I wanted to hear only music.
I found myself going down wrong roads
with fields of anxiety on both sides of me.
I didn’t know if I was in May or November ….
Then I found amazing grace ….
Then I found my exodus.
Then I realized there was a third volume
and a fourth and who knows how many more?
Then I realized there were others
who knew my story - because it was theirs.
It was then I began my recovery.
More ….



© Andy Costello, Reflections 2019








        
        

No comments: