Tuesday, November 5, 2019

November 5, 2019

DRIVING  ME 

Long drives alone,
long drives home,
four, five, six  hours,
sometimes on the road….

It seem to me
to be too much at times
and at other times, a
good time for the soul.

Time to think,
time to listen to the radio,
then to turn it off,
and  finally listen to myself.

“Where am I?”
“Why do I drive
the way I drive?”
The why’s  of me….

A yellow sports car
speeds by me,
only to see her speed by me
once again an hour later.

Why did she stop?
Where did she go?
Who is she? Who are
all these people on the road?

A dark bird picks away
at a splattered badger
dead right there - left lane -
never made the middle of the road.

A white wooden cross
Calvary on a highway ….
Who was that? Were
they going or coming home?


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2019


No comments: