Saturday, October 12, 2019

October 12, 2019



THERE  ARE  THINGS  
I  CAN’T  EXPLAIN  

There are things I can’t explain.
Sorry. I would like to. I’ll try but
there are things I can’t explain.

Like a couple who date, get engaged,
live together, get married and then
they realize they have landed in hell.

Like I know I am a procrastinator.
I really bother people being late,
but then I do it over and over again.

You tell me I don’t listen. You tell me
you are going to do this or go there
and I don’t hear a word you said.

It’s one more lie - from elected or
appointed officials in our church or our
government and folks refuse to see it.

Jesus said it: “The truth will set us free,”
but we won’t ask questions and name
what’s going on - but why, why why?


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2019

No comments: